General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Selling Car....Q?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling Car....Q?

Aright guys well it appears I may have the SS sold . I just have a quick Q. I have always paid cash for cars, as in hundred dollar bills. Now i could see how some people might not want to do that, but its never been an issue for me. My buyer only wants to use a certified check or a wire transfer possibly. However, the car is in my moms name and she wont sell it unless the money is in our account (as in without any kind of hold in place) or the cash is in hand. Whats the best, safest way to to about this? The buyer seems like good people but im just trying to protect his *** and mine, too many horror stories out there....
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:19 AM
TECH Addict

Just tell the seller to bring a certified check when he comes to pick up the car. Then both of you go to the bank and cash the check, give him the title and he drives off into the sunset.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

right... or just hold the car until the check clears.

ask him where the check is coming from, call that bank and ask their policies (on cancellation etc.)
Old 03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Just tell the seller to bring a certified check when he comes to pick up the car. Then both of you go to the bank and cash the check, give him the title and he drives off into the sunset.
I would but the check would be for over ten thousand, making me file a large cash order report and having to fill it on my taxes(not happening.) I mentioned a smaller certified check and the difference in cash, but he thinks a certified check should cut it. It wont since hes not local, and im sure as hell not gonna sell the car unless the cash in my account or my hand(without any holds on it that is.) Im thinking a wire transfer...then withdrawing it which would be the same as him paying cash, without taxes. Personally I dont see why he cant just withdraw the full amount in cash but ohh well....