General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bad run of things

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad run of things

WTF??!!!
Why cant I be happy for more than a day?

I picked up my ls1 bird from MD and got back Sunday 1am

So far this week
- Fight with the girl over wedding plans
- Failed my only class this semester because apparently last weeks spring break doesn’t count for applied tech classes so that puts me at 3 absences and therefore loss of credit
- Been sick as hell so I feel physically weak
- and on the way into work today some chick hits my v6 bird because she wanted in to the gas station.

This morning past 17mile on mount the girl in the SUV next to me turned into the side of the firebird!!! I was pissed. She was in the lane to my left and I was in the far right lane. I had no traffic in front of me and she was still accelerating from the stop light. When her rear end was at my drivers door I saw her turn signal go on. I sped up a little so I wouldn’t be in her blind spot for too long. As we were side by side I noticed she was a good deal in my lane. I held the horn and floored it. She tagged me between the door and rear tire. Car looks like hell but no structural damage was done and it drives just fine.
We pulled into the Liquor store parking lot and called the cops. Within 15minuts of waiting for them she looked down at her watch and said “I’m sorry I have to get to work”. She was in full EMT get up so I didn’t make an effort to stop her. She gave me a bit of paper with Name address, phone number, license number, and insurance number…. I sure hope this info is good!!
I filled out a police report and gave the officer my info, also called the boss at 5:59 to tell him id be late. So I think I’m covered. I have a case number and will call the insurance company later to see what’s to be done next.

Like I said its all superficial so I can drive the car until I can get it fixed so at least there is a good side to this….

But
WTF??!!!

Just life I guess... and it could all be worse...
Ill post pics when I get them.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow man... i feel for you.. that all sucks
Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadGTho
wow man... i feel for you.. that all sucks
Yeah it bites... I know something better is around the corner though...
just keeps getting worse though.
I talked to my boss and he said that if my GPA dips any more they have to boot me out of the student tranee program here at work... so that means i lose my job. Looks like im going to have to withdraw from the class and do some smooth talking to get my *** out of all of this.....

but for tonight

I drink
Old 03-20-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sometimes we all go through periods like this, just keep your head up and stay positive. Don't give up or give in and things will turn around. Best wishes bro!!!

Also not to be a dick, this will get moved to the lounge....I here the mods a commin...
Old 03-20-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

talk to the professor.. see if you can do some extra credit.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey thanks all.
Yeah I talked to the prof
head of the department
dean of department
and its no good news
basically even though I am keeping up with the work they said that 3 classes of missed work is more than enough to put any student behind.
I will see what work has to say about the whole deal. If they view it as no prob then I will leave it where it is. But if they want to boot me out of the system for this you better believe i will fight it tooth and nail!!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

pics of the damage

I think it would be a soft touch to get them to fix the scrape on the bumper (last owner)

And possibly if I find the right shop they might be willing to fix my passingers headlight
Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well at least it wasnt your new TA. Then you should be pissed. You got her insurance, so thats covered. As for the work / school thing, make sure your boss knows that you were not dicking around. I hate when schools try to pull that stuff, especially if your a non traditional student which by the souds of it you are. Good luck. What school are you going to up there. Wouldnt be Oakland U would it?? Where did all the BS happen with the car stuff 75? Im up your way a ton, I know it pretty well, and I only drive my tanks up there. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

By the way, The signature, is freaking hallarious. Props, I laughed so freakin hard reading it.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

sorry to hear man, you know what they say, "when it rains, it pours"
Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can probably talk to the insurance adjuster and tell him that the paint will not match(years of sun fade) and if you explain it to him in a good way he may agree and give you enough to have the whole car repainted. Good luck bro.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear that bro yea thank god it wasnt the new ta
Old 03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, that is an impressive string of bad luck. I recall having similar stints myself. I've come to realize that life tends to balance out in the long run though - sometimes it just takes awhile to find the positives in it all.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Well at least it wasnt your new TA. Then you should be pissed. You got her insurance, so thats covered. As for the work / school thing, make sure your boss knows that you were not dicking around. I hate when schools try to pull that stuff, especially if your a non traditional student which by the souds of it you are. Good luck. What school are you going to up there. Wouldnt be Oakland U would it?? Where did all the BS happen with the car stuff 75? Im up your way a ton, I know it pretty well, and I only drive my tanks up there. Good luck.
Nah, Macomb community college...
Yeah keeping my direct boss up to date but I just don’t know how to approach the head of the program.
This all happened down mound road and 17 mile.
Tanks? Military, fish, or gas?

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Wow, that is an impressive string of bad luck. I recall having similar stints myself. I've come to realize that life tends to balance out in the long run though - sometimes it just takes awhile to find the positives in it all.
Im actually getting fairly optimistic. Im a big believer in karma (even before earl) when ever im in the tail end of a string of bad luck like this I get hopeful that something good is around the corner.

I already am getting some payback. I just picked up an SLP loud mouth from craigslist for $250!

So Ive got a full day ahead of me fixing the drivers window motor, swapping out a headlight, cutting down the shifter, putting the loud mouth in, taking the choke master out and then throwing that on the V6 bird.

Originally Posted by blue98Z
You can probably talk to the insurance adjuster and tell him that the paint will not match(years of sun fade) and if you explain it to him in a good way he may agree and give you enough to have the whole car repainted. Good luck bro.
Maybe, that blue green chameleon looks like it would be a bitch to blend correctly.
Originally Posted by crzytown69
sorry to hear that bro yea thank god it wasnt the new ta
Yeah the freaky thing about that is I was about 50-50 on taking it to work that morning. The only thing that swayed me against it (other than the lack of registration and plates) is the fact that the drivers window motor is burnt out and that makes getting through the guard gates a little rough.

Last edited by cudaeh; 03-21-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
By the way, The signature, is freaking hallarious. Props, I laughed so freakin hard reading it.
LOL
Yeah it was too good to pass up!
I wanted to make the original saying "shut up bitches we be banking!" but I couldn’t fit it in.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK now I feel a little better.
Put the loud mouth on the ls1 bird.... Now thats how a V8 should sound!
I am mucho happy with it.
stoping for some early dinner then right back out there to do the window.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

glad to see ya back on the up swing
Old 03-21-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crzytown69
glad to see ya back on the up swing
Hey thank you,
Yeah Im actually smiling now!
I cut down the stock shifter, welded a bolt to the end of it and put a Hurst T handle on it. It looks great and feels great.

and I couldn’t be more happy with the exhaust. The dual duals look great and it sounds amazing!!

much better than the dual singles

The power window motor swap couldn’t have gone smoother. Now I cant wait to get the plates and get it on the road!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Hell ya I feel ya! I've been puttin tryin to put together my H/C swap for AWHILE and first my freshly rebuilt 10 bolt took a crap due to installation error, then I bent one of my wheels, and last but not least clutch disk starts slipping. It gets frustrating sometimes but it always helps my to think that it could always be worse and try to find the best out of every situation.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
Hell ya I feel ya! I've been puttin tryin to put together my H/C swap for AWHILE and first my freshly rebuilt 10 bolt took a crap due to installation error, then I bent one of my wheels, and last but not least clutch disk starts slipping. It gets frustrating sometimes but it always helps my to think that it could always be worse and try to find the best out of every situation.
EEP..
that bones man

Yeah when ever I get in the dumps I love just getting out to the garage and working on something. I hate it when the stuff in the garage is what’s getting me down....

hope it works out dude.