General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Time for my rant that about my bad luck with the car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Location: Heidelberg Germany (1.4 miles from famous Hockenheim Ring)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Time for my rant about my bad luck with the car.

Well ok first off, you guys may know that the previous owner fu*ked up my spark plug hole, number 7 i think (drivers side, rear), must have cross threaded it and stuff. Anyways, so the threads were basically gone, it would just slide in to the hole, not grabbing anything. So we took it down to the the garage yesterday to somehow get it re threaded and the guy said he would have to partially remove the engine as it would be easier that way than to remove the head... however that is possible. anyways I'm in no position to argue with it as i need the car back working. So later that day we come by to drop off a pack of Felpro gaskets we had just in case he needed them... and i knew something was wrong the moment i pulled up. Turns out some dick who had his head stuck up his *** drove in with a van to pick someone up and hit my car! all on the drivers side, Broke the mirror, scratched the door, cracked/took paint off the fender, and put a really big dent in the bumper. I don't know if the rim was damaged at all, it was raining at the rims were dirty so i couldn't tell. at least the garage owner got the insurance info from the van driver, so he'll have to pay it all, but the garage owner is fronting all the money to get it repaired all the way, but i'm still really pissed and i cant believe this **** happens, especially SITTING STILL PARKED AT A REPAIR SHOP!

... End Rant.

Last edited by Darksolder; 03-21-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Eh **** happens......obviously the body damage will be repaired with no money from you and the spark plug issue is also getting fixed. You'll be motoring around in no time.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

yeah still not something i like to see happen, especially with that car, any damage could also make the price tag go down if i decide to sell later on.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:19 AM
TECH Addict

Well what is the dollar amount?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

I'd bitch and make the garage do the repair for free, their property, their responsibility to make sure the customers car is safe......on top of having the dumb *** in the van pay to get the body fixed.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Not sure what any of the cost is, we took it in yesterday so they could get started, but they are closed from today, the weekend, and monday as it is a big religious holiday for the germans, We'll get more info ASAP hopefully on Tuesday.

and about the guy paying for all the repairs, probably not going to happen as we've done business for a few years now with the other cars, and he gives us breaks on alot of other stuff.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you dont have to take the motor out to get the heads off you just have to take the intake and all that bs to get the heads off (which may be what the guy means by partially removing the engine).... sorry to hear about your bad luck man i can say however i feel your pain its always something.... the person that hits you is always the one that dosent give a damn about their car and cant understand why your getting upset ya know!!!!1