General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Slowly getting it back to 100%

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowly getting it back to 100%

Well, little by little, 'Zilla's getting back to being 100%. Replaced the head unit a couple weeks back, then, today, I had the door speakers replaced. So, the stereo portion is now "normal".

What's left? Well..... and not necessarily in this order:

1) Bleed the clutch (doing it Monday)
2) Get a new 90mm cable-drive throttle body and install along with the LS2 intake manifold, LS2 injectors (they were taken off because it came with the drive-by-wire TB), high-po cats, Granatelli air lid, and fuel rails, followed by a DYNO TUNE!!!!
3) Install the modified cam sprocket (I never changed the cam or the computer, so I've had to modify an LS1 cam sprocket so it'll work with the cam sensor)
4) Get the ant-lock/traction control computer replaced along with the bleeding of the brakes
5) Get the cruise control to WORK (it's been dead for a couple years now)
6) Get the rear windshield defroster to work (currently it defrosts for a couple minutes when I first activate it, then it won't defrost for longer than 30 seconds afterwards)
7) Replace the passenger side front fender
8) Replace the driver seat (since there's currently a 1-1/2" piece of leather missing from the right side front)
9) Replace the shifter cover (the leather boot that sits around the shifter and above the console, not the one on the floor)
10) Either put a hood scoop or replace the hood completely with one that comes with a scoop (hood has some dings on it from a 2 X 4 that bounced on it)

After ALL THIS is fixed (I figure this'll take a good year to do it) and, probably about $3,000 - $4,000 MORE, this baby will be almost brand-spankin' NEW!!!!

Until then, it's still so much fun to drive. Hmmmmm, mebbe after all this, I'll look into supercharging it......

DEFINITELY, I've crossed over to the dark side of Modification Hell!!!!!