General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Cat back off of SS an SLP option?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Cat back off of SS an SLP option?

My friend got a cat-back given to him for helping someone do work on an LS1 SS a month ago. I said that I was looking for a catback today and he offered it to me for $75. My friend told me that he was present when they took the exhaust off of the car and that it was on the car since that owner had it. It is supposedly an SLP that came on the car as part of the SS option?
I see no SLP markings, and the system is all stainless with a polished crossflow muffler and polised tailpipes and split tips. I'll have to look at it in the daylight and try to find numbers, but for now I see no markings.
This definitely isn't a Loudmouth or a stock Z28 piece. A Loudmouth is what took its place. My friend doesn't lie, but maybe he was misinformed?
So what did I buy? I may post pics tomorrow in the daylight. No matter what it seems like a score. I'm going to run an E-cutout anyway, so I'm hoping that it's mellow.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its all stainless then its good man its totaly worth 75 bucks shuld be 2.75 inch hell sell the stainless its self for more than that haha.
I had the standard SS with the single tips but still a realy nice exhaust verry good flowing not too much better IMO. I put a cut out on mine also and gained some where for 5 to 10 hp.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Can't go wrong for 75 bucks

I figure that no matter what the exhaust is it has to be better than the stocker. I think that a mouse got in it though. Sunflower seed shells fell out of it and I can hear a few more rattling around in it.
It's good to hear that the cutouts were worth it. If you only gained that much with an open exhaust then you had good flow to begin with. I want the open sound at my fingertips.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its most likley the slp dual/dual muffler.....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default camscam02 is right...

I looked it up and the dual dual is exactly what I bought. Is it a decent setup? I guess it has to be better than the stock stuff and will work no matter what when the cutout is installed. Thanks man!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 PM
9 Second Club

its one of the best flowing catbacks for the f body its just quiet compared to others... i loved mine
Old 03-29-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Best cat-back and or muffler I have ever owned and I owned 12 F-Bodies Quiet and flows nice! Sounded so good on cammed SS