General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What to do 1st....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do 1st....

This is what im thinking about.....

1. Get new custom centered exhaust w/ SLP LMII & Corvette Tip's. (gonna get rid of the piece of **** Flowmaster i have)

2. Get Fast Toy's Ram Air Kit w/ SLP Lid & Smooth Bellow + Tune Up.

Im kinda leaning towards the new exhaust system right now, but still a toss up for me. Which would you guy's recommend i do 1st???

Price wise, is doesnt really matter. Im still gonna get both, just dont know which would be a good 1st step here.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

I would get a lid and ported tb.Get a cut out for the flowmaster.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:20 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Arrow

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/361959-so-you-wanna-fast.html

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
So You Wanna Be Fast....
by Jaberwaki
(a guide for newbies to what it takes to build a fast F-body)......
Read up on that thread, alot of great info there for you!

But if I had to choose from the two you listed:

Originally Posted by Badguy7
This is what im thinking about.....

1. Get new custom centered exhaust w/ SLP LMII & Corvette Tip's. (gonna get rid of the piece of **** Flowmaster i have)

2. Get Fast Toy's Ram Air Kit w/ SLP Lid & Smooth Bellow + Tune Up.

Im kinda leaning towards the new exhaust system right now, but still a toss up for me. Which would you guy's recommend i do 1st???

Price wise, is doesnt really matter. Im still gonna get both, just dont know which would be a good 1st step here.
Option #1 - Sounds fine but leave out custom centered idea, and leave out the Vette tips idea. Even if you had the SS rear valance I'd say no on the Vette tips, somebody makes CME clone tips so look those up but no Vette tips. IMHO

Option #2 - FTRA and SLP lid sounds fine. A lid is always a great 1st mod (some SLP lids rub). But get a Fernco bellow from Home Depot for like $7, and tune up? You mean some better plugs/wires than stock? Then cool. If you mean regular maintenance then you should do that anyway.

So I say #2, lid first of course.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Option #1 - Sounds fine but leave out custom centered idea, and leave out the Vette tips idea. Even if you had the SS rear valance I'd say no on the Vette tips, somebody makes CME clone tips so look those up but no Vette tips. IMHO

Option #2 - FTRA and SLP lid sounds fine. A lid is always a great 1st mod (some SLP lids rub). But get a Fernco bellow from Home Depot for like $7, and tune up? You mean some better plugs/wires than stock? Then cool. If you mean regular maintenance then you should do that anyway.

So I say #2, lid first of course.

Peace,
Craig.
Hmm, my cousin has the Vette Tip's on his SS Camaro. I like the way they look, idk which tip's you may be thinking of though. There the dual squared tip's?? Not those rectangle or oval one's. Center Exhaust, does that restrict air flow?? Less Performance or anything.

As for Option 2, yeaa i need regular maintenance and i am gonna get new Plug's/Wire's too.