General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car was hit by a moron!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car was hit by a moron!

On Sat. evening I was driving over to my g/fs and my f-body was struck by a ignorant driver failing to stop at a red light. With a light rain passing by the road could have been "slick" for an ordinary driver not used to the feel of a damp-slick road. After hitting the passenger rear wheel well and the passenger door, nobody was severely hurt. I came out with back spasms and a stiff body.
I needed a place to vent b/c now I have a vehicle with a accident record, even though it has never been in my mind to resell the car, its the entire point that these vehicles are not in production anymore.
After $3800 in damage, I told the local body shop that there is "no chance in hell" I would allow this vehicle to be totalled.lol. He laughed stating that the vehicle damage wasn't even close to half of the worth.
This is just letting all of my LS1 buddies know and to remember, that even though you may be great drivers please drive defensively bc, as good as a driver I claim to be, I cannot help if someone runs a red light.
I'll post some pics and inform everyone on the news and when I get my vehicle back!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

Ohhh that sucks I would have said my neck hurt too :-p.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

sorry to hear that, get her back on the road asap
Old 04-01-2008, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan33187
Ohhh that sucks I would have said my neck hurt too :-p.
X2 on that!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely should have said your neck hurt. Then you could have got all the things listed under near future in your sig...lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Teching In

he must have been driving in Louisiana... i swear they have the worst drivers in the US! There's not a day when i don't encounter someone running a redlight, changing lanes and cutting someone off (without signaling) or something else rediculous. Just glad to hear you and your car weren't too badly shaken up.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that blows!! take it to the best body shop you can find!! most shops do half *** jobs and then you get stuck trying to get them to fix there F-ups...
Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Default lol.

I wouldn't ever pull the neck hurts stunt but seriously I've had to go to the doctor for my back. The car is being done by the absolute BEST body shop in our town which is known for their good work and I do trust the painter and man i am directly working with. With me being out of work for the past couple of days without a rental/doctor's orders, I don't think anything else will come of it. But i'm not settling with the insurance co. till I finish with my medical conditions. Anyone have any advice?
Old 04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i have some...don't even think about settling with "nothing will come of it". My wife had a car accident in 1999 that initially it was suspected she just strained her back a bit and they were gonna let it drop...but slowly she felt more and more pain until finally we went to her regular doctor and they found a crushed vertebrae that the emergency room had missed somehow. After a year of BS we got absolutely d!ck for money for it due to a crappy lawyer, and now 9 years later she is still in constant pain in her back and legs from it (she actually had 2 broken vertebrae, a torn disc, and spondylolisthesis, look that one up for a surprise). Don't let anything go and if you get a lawyer, don't be afraid to can their *** if they aren't getting you what you think you should get...I learned my lesson the hard way
Old 04-01-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

When me and my father were rearended last year on the way to work, we both had pretty bad whiplash. My neck was jacked up for a couple months. I ended up getting a 7k check after my medical was paid for. Your on the right path not to settle for anything right now. Just hold out until you are completely finished going to the doc, mis as much work as possible and you will get a pretty nice check for all the damages.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

That's crazy man, hope they get it back on the road quick for you.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

I got hit in the rear 2-1/2 years ago. I didn't miss much work, but definitely had pain and stiffness. I got a lawyer, not to get over or anything, but because at some point an insurance adjuster is going to want you to sign a legal document releasing them from all liability. I am not a lawyer and don't read legal documents all day, so I hired someone who does. Turns out I had some torn stuff in my back and it would never have properly healed without therapy, etc. My lawyer got 40% and he was worth every penny. After his cut and all doctor bills I got a check for 10K.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
that blows!! take it to the best body shop you can find!! most shops do half *** jobs and then you get stuck trying to get them to fix there F-ups...
Quoted for truth. I got rearended at a full stop two weeks after getting my car brand new and it took about a month and a half for the crack addicts fixing it to apply a layer of clearcoat with few than 15 runs.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that sucks bro. i am glad you are okay tho, other than being stiff and having back spasms. any pix of the damage?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks man. I thought I was going to be in the same boat as well today. A guy had his turn signal on and even slowed down before turning so i started to creep out and apparently it wasn't the turn he wanted to he kept on driving...with the turn signal still on. Caused me to ruin a perfectly good pair of boxers...
Old 04-03-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
When me and my father were rearended last year on the way to work, we both had pretty bad whiplash. My neck was jacked up for a couple months. I ended up getting a 7k check after my medical was paid for. Your on the right path not to settle for anything right now. Just hold out until you are completely finished going to the doc, mis as much work as possible and you will get a pretty nice check for all the damages.
remember, always have your head rests adjusted to the proper height to help avoid this! (but still fake it anyway! )