General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

drill mod question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drill mod question

i really need to do the drill mod, ive been reading up on how to, but which side of the braided like to i bore out the end that goes into the tranny or the end that connects to the master? if its the end that goes into the tranny cant i just disconect the line from the tranny bore out the restriction pump the clutch to run fluid through it to get the metal shavings out and reconnect it then add some more fluid to the resevoir. or do i HAVE to remove the master to do it?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

You have to take the master off the car. I just did my first master install the other day and it wasnt too bad. Not my favorite thing to do. Also the drill mod would be in the master side as well. Just leave the side that plugs into the slave alone. If you do go through with it you will have to bench bleed it. I hear its not fun but I cant tell you because I have no idea what its like because I just went and bought a factor replacement master that is pre bled.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

well **** ive never even heard of bench bleeding so i guess ill be buyin a prebled one o well
Old 05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by binks0678
well **** ive never even heard of bench bleeding so i guess ill be buyin a prebled one o well
Prebled? I dont think that there is such a thing. Bleeding is getting the air out of the lines and cylinders. Even if you managed to get one "prebled" when you attached everything to it, you would still get air in it. To bleed the hydraulic clutch is a pain in the ***, but its because of the location of the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder. You will almost certainly want a lift, and you will need another person.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

well dam i dont have a lift and that sounds like a PITA so how much would a reputable shop charge me to do the drill mod?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Prebled, prefilled whatever you want to say. I think I would know considering I just bought one and put it in a few days ago. If you buy a replacement directly from GM it comes filled and no bleeding is involved. Just plug it in and bleed the slave a bit.

If you want you can send it to me and I will bench bleed it for you free of charge. Just give me enough to send it back once you ship it.

Whatever you want Ill even do the drill mod for you if you havent done that already.

Just all depends what you want. Let me know.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

it is possible to bleed the clutch without a lift but it is a pain... just use the smallest rachet you have and a 8mm i believe... once you get the socket and ratchet on do not take it off... thats the hardest part about it..