General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What would be a good price to ask for stock wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What would be a good price to ask for stock wheels?

With very nice Yokohama rubber on them? These are factory 02 TA rims. Any ideas? Would E-Bay fetch the highest price?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Ebay usually reflects from the low end to real selling value of automotive items. Your wheels will definitely sell on ebay if you don't start the price too high. Reserves tend to scare people or they don't bother, figuring you want too much for them. If your wheels are basically MINT start the auction at $400 and hope for higher. The rubber is a moot point (as far as value) in my opinion. If you just can't sell them at that price then your situation is going to be tough unless you find that absolute 'must have' buyer. That's my personal experience and I have over 1,000 ebay feedbacks. You need to factor in the shipping cost as well which will be $100 minimum (been there, done that several times). That is lost but real $$$ for the buyer. Good luck with your sale!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold off my stock wheels though my local classifieds and get more than I thought I would out of them, but the thing is that you cant rush it as you will have to sit back and wait if you do it that way. But you might be able to get a little more out of them since there wont be $160 (pretty acurate) shipping charged attached to them.

Or you can always try craigs list and shoot a realistic highball offer with "or best offer" attached and see what kind of offers you get...
Old 05-12-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kinda in the same situation, the best advice that i have heard so far is too find someone that is demodding or ready to sell thier car and see if you can either hammer out a trade for some of their parts or a negotiate a deal.

hard to sell stock wheels when better looking afterarket ones are selling for much lower prices than they used to be
Old 05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I sold my stock 16" chrome rims with off brand tires for $450 plus $125 shipping on eBay. A lot more than I thought and a lot more than I probably would have got on a message board. Some car lot in Wisconsin bought them. Shipping ended up only costing me $98 also. Start your asking price at like $300 and see what happens.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see ur car is a ws6...are these the 17 inch speedlines? i might be interested in a couple of weeks, if ur not lookin for an immediate sale. Ebay would be ur best bet though...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of 02 Speedlines with tires that I had used as DD wheels for a few years. Sold them November of last year through ebay

I had them on ebay with a starting bid of $600 and a buy it now of $1000.

Someone did the buy it now for $1000, which really surprised me! Shipping was around $160 through UPS

Speedlines in real good condition are in demand by some. Believe that!

One thing to be sure of is take lots of well lit pictures and make sure the wheels are super clean for the pics. I think that is why I got so much for mine.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It took me like 4 years to sell mine for 200.00