General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Money ready to spend. What to do next? FI? A4 swap?

Old 05-28-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Money ready to spend. What to do next? FI? A4 swap?

I'm in a state of flux.

Mods are listed in my sig. The car will not see as much drag racing as I once thought it would, so I want to replace the 35 spline Detroit locker with something more civil. A 31 spline trutrac is the plan.

Now here's where I'm stuck: Procharger(and keep the M6 for now) or go for a 4L80E swap? I can't do both this year.

Slapping a Procharger on there is very tempting, but the car still has a stock short block and I'd hate to spend all that money on FI and then worry about popping the motor.

I don't have a lot of faith in the M6 set up. I have a Textralia clutch but I seriously doubt it'll last long with a power adder. (IMO the fbody hydraulics blow!)

A wise man once told me to build the car from back to front. I should take that advice and for now, I think my next move will be to do the 4L80. It'll be a cool set up using the Compushift controller and maybe even paddle shift and definitely a nice converter.

I'm undecided as to where to get this stuff. I might just call Gearstar and see what it'll cost. I hear they can hook me up with everything that is needed and that their trani's are top notch...

Sorry for the long rambling. I'm really just thinking out loud. Any comments from the gallery?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're worried about the M6 holding up under mods so you're going to put in an A4?

edit: different a4. Gotcha
Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's got to be someone out there who'd like the parts for a 6-speed swap. I'm willing to bet you could wheel and deal the swap and not lose too much on it.

I'd go with a blower, no questions asked

Search this Thread