General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pacesetter LT and Y questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Pacesetter LT and Y questions

Which is better, I want something that will last longest in weather conditions, even though its only rarely driven in rain anyways. Is the PaceSetter QuikTrip Long Tube Headers, ARMOR*Coat better then the Pacesetter Ceramic Coated? Or which. and same with Y, I was going to pickup this Y http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...8a9d52cfa9a624 I don't want cats but I want the o2 and egr or whatever **** I need for that. Is this a good setup?

And the link for the armor coated headers is http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...2d6186be8af243

Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just buy the full off road headers. if you are taking your cats off you may as well take the rest off too. the headers only come two ways, coated or painted. as for the y pipe, the pacesetter version doesnt fit well. order the one from tx speed.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done a couple of weeks ago installing my pacesetter LT's and the Pacesetter ORY. Definately DO NOT get the painted ones, I did and after the first 2 hours the paint was already peeling off of them. So I will probably have to invest in some new LT's when these start rusting next year. They did go in like a dream, no grinding or cutting at all. The ORY was a good fitment i thought, I haven't had any banging or anything to that nature. So Pacesetter has my good graces, A1 product, great fitment, and even better price to performance ratio.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02WS6_TA
I just got done a couple of weeks ago installing my pacesetter LT's and the Pacesetter ORY. Definately DO NOT get the painted ones, I did and after the first 2 hours the paint was already peeling off of them. So I will probably have to invest in some new LT's when these start rusting next year.
They will get surface rust a lot sooner than one year Don't buy new headers...just send yours to be Jet Hot coated...