General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bad Be Cool radiator Tranny/coolant Mixed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Be Cool radiator Tranny/coolant Mixed!

Anybody ever hear of, or get a bad radiator from Be Cool ??I have LOL!!ME !! Went to fire my new build today and notice my tranny fluid and my Evans coolant were being mixed in my brand spankin new Be Cool radiator Its all threw my new Rossler tranny and my engine LOL Evans coolant and tranny fluid!!It maks for a nice pinkish color.This was on my APS 35th LE that we fired for the first time today!!Summit said there going to send me a new rad and get my fluids replaced but im more worried about that evans coolant going bthrew my tranny for the 4 to 5 minutes she was running ???I didnt switch gears at all just idealing and hitting it alittle!! Im going to flush it anyways !!I was just wondering if any of you ever had any exsperiance with the Evans coolant??If so ,What do you think Mind you this tranny was 3K and installed today LOL Would you send back to the tranny guy to redoe and send Be Cool the bill or just flush it and hope for the best!!LOL!!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for sure coolant going through the tranny is not a good thing.. I would say flush flush flush but in long term affects I don't know whats going to happen
Old 06-07-2008, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its def. not good. I work for Volvo, at a dealership. They have a problem with mixing between trans fluid and coolant, due to crappy radiators. They have a chemical test and everything for it. The bad news? you have to replace the trans if its found contaminated. If anyone is going to try to save it, its a manufacturer with potentially hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars to lose.

I would get in touch with be cool, and see what they will do. Dont be rude, but be persistent.