General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP! Urgent 02 Problem, harness problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Urgent 02 Problem, harness problem.

Ok, so I just replaced my front 02 sensors on my longtubes with the rear corvette sensors. They both came out no problem, and the driver side plugged in fine. Now on my passenger side I have a slight problem. Now keep in mind my rear 02s are tuned out, and I am NOT sure which harness is which in terms of going to what sensor. See my wires were hanging down, and now one harness on my passenger side is mangled up, and I have a feeling it is the one for the front 02. I plugged it into the harness that was not mangled, and fired the car and it seems to be running like ****, and would not hold an idle. I have a scanner which can show the voltage in MV for the sensors, and the rear passenger side is now displaying 0010mv i believe.
So pretty much I need to know what should I do as far as fixing my problem? I need a new connect or something. Help please!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Launching!

get a pair of wire strippers and a couple sets of butt connectors and just cut out as much of the ate up wiring as you can without making the extension too short. If its like mine youll have plenty of slack to play with - & be sure to zip tie them bad boys up so that stuff dosent happen again.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Launching!

P.S. dont be afraid of wiring - splicing is easy work.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
get a pair of wire strippers and a couple sets of butt connectors and just cut out as much of the ate up wiring as you can without making the extension too short. If its like mine youll have plenty of slack to play with - & be sure to zip tie them bad boys up so that stuff dosent happen again.
I believe thats what Im gonna have to do, my passenger side harness is fucked.