General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Strange window problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange window problem

K just seeing if anyone else has had this happen. After closing my door with the window partly open, I noticed it seems like it's 'loose' from whatever actually pushes it up. It's like what ever pushes it up is 'skipping' off of it and makes a kinda rough 'clunk' 'clunk' 'clunk' sound as it rolls up. Rolls down fine. If I try to roll it up once it's all the way up, it'll 'clunk' even a little worse. Could a bolt be loose or what? The window motor was replaced about 4 months ago and has been fine but like I said, this happend after closing the door a few times with the window partially down.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

does it on my car too... pretty sure it happens to all F-Bodys since there is no side or top to the frame of our doors to keep the window more sturdy.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

If you want to investigate more without getting too deep into it, pull the trim panel off the door, pull back the plastic and watch what happens as it goes up and down.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Teching In

u probably fixed it by now, i had the same thing happened to mine.took it to get fixed and told me it was the elevator but to my surprise guy told me it was the window motor and that's why it was not going all the way up and making that clunking sound and for 70 bucks they fixed it