General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tail lights not functioning...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tail lights not functioning...

Well finally got pulled over tonight. My tail lights stopped working yesterday and so did my blinkers and flashers in the rear. I can only get the front right and front left to work when the hazards are on. Otherwise NOTHING works in the rear tail lights and the front left and front right won't blink when turn signal is activated.

Where should I go from here? I checked all the rear bulbs and they all look good.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure about your taillights,but you could try replacing the turn signal flasher near the steering column inside the dash.Your front hazards working but not the turns tells me something might be wrong with it.

Remove the kick panel under the steering and look to the right for a cylinder looking object.It will have a 2 prong harness.Don't confuse it with the hazard flasher,which will be on the left side of the steering column.

Maybe replacing that flasher will cure your taillight gremlin.Seen crazier things like that happen.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the reverse lights work? What about 3rd brake light? Rear side markers? License plate lights? Did you check the TAIL LPS fuse in the I/P fuseblock? You may have a turn signal switch problem depending on what other lights are or are not working.