General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

black heater plastic thingy busted where to get one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black heater plastic thingy busted where to get one?

hey all well I was tuning my car this morning and after i did a run I started to pull in to a parking lot so I can upload another program and my car was hard to turn so i thought my PS was going bad as soon as I open my hood I seen fluid all in the front but my hose and ps look ok but it was antifrezze quickly got into car turned on heater to help my data showed little over 210* my gauge was almost in the middle so I took off because I was about a block from my house made a turn then killed my motor and coasted home my temp on my lap top got only to 220* and cut off that black thiong and conected to my water pump and filled it back up, started it up and my temp went back down little over 160* and is sound and rev up good but then the water started to flow out I guess because you need that black valve anyway everthing sounds good I don't think I got water in my opti, on the bottom i did not see water going into my holes on the opti but crossing my fingers and hoping I didn't do any damage...
it didn't get that hot 220* and it stated up great so hopefully everything is good..

but i'm trying to find where to get that part ?
dealer only ?
thanks guys.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

*hits huge wall of text*

Umm care to edit that with some grammar please, at least break it down into some sentences instead of one huge long block of text? It is barely readable.

That last part is easy enough, 220 is the hottest it got? Not too bad you should be OK, just fix whatever it is that caused whatever the issue is...
Old 10-22-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry,
I think its a one-way valve, its the hose on the passenger side coming from the water pump, going to the heater core theres a plastic piece in the middle of the hose.