General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Heater Core Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Core Hoses

Alright guys i need a bit of help. The hose that connects my waterpump to the heater core has a huge leak in it now and it needs to be replaced. The only problem is that NONE of the parts stores carry it, since it's a molded hose with a combination of metal pipe. The dealer sells both the inlet and outlet hoses for a price of $158 (YIKES!!!). I need help looking for this part elsewhere, i am going to try some junkyards and gmpartsdirect...however on gmpartsdirect i cant locate the part that i need. Has anybody ever had to replace this hose? My only other option is just to bypass the heater core, but being winter...it's a bad time to go that route. However i would rather do that than spend 160 bucks...i'll just wear an extra undershirt haha. Let me know of any suggestions you've got
Old 10-22-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure if theres enough room, but maybe you can get some 1/2" and 5/8" heater hose from the auto parts store and make your own. Take a quick look under hood to make sure the molded hoses arent required by looking at the turns in the hose. You may be able to get by....by carefully routing the aftermarket hose without any kinks.

Otherwise keep checking ebay and junkyards or bite the bullet and drop the 160 on the new ones.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

You might have some luck looking at the hoses at a parts store.

Look for similar size and bends.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Nah none of the parts stores had it. I tried Advanced, Autozone, and a few local places...none of them carried it. They all told me it was because they were molded hoses, so it's probably only gonna be found at the dealer. And there is no way that any of their hoses have a similar shape. I'll take a few pics of what the hoses look like so you can see how complex it is, it goes from the water pump to a metal pipe, tucked under the wheel well, then up and turns back into rubber right before it goes into the firewall. I think i'm gonna have to bite the bullet...but i'm gonna try some salvage yards first. I dont think i can go this whole winter with no heat.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just cut out and replace the busted section with standard hose from the auto parts store. You would just need two fittings and some clamps.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

I just seen some on ebay for $40
Old 10-23-2008, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Thanks slagger, i didnt even think to check ebay! I found the inlet/outlet assembly for twenty bucks plus shipping...sure beats paying close to 180 from the dealer.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Regular

glad to hear that
Old 10-24-2008, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kinda late now but part #10415020. gmpartsdirect price is $94.

Quick Reply: Heater Core Hoses