General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Something sounds broken...help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something sounds broken...help

Scanned the car: came up with misfiring P0300, heater performance for both front o2 sensors,low voltage on one o2 sensor......if that gives any more insight let me know cause i'm lost on this one.....i am hopefully going to be working on it tomorrow but its supposed to rain here ill just get under some tarps lol.

Something happened and it sounds bad but i dont know what it is...if anyone can give me some ideas that would be great. Thanks...i drove my car all day with no problems...So i started my car and let it warm up for a few minutes went back out everything still fine left by the time i got to the end of m driveway all of a sudden my shift **** starts shaking alot and the engine starts to bog down almost stalling. I have to give it throttle to keep it going...pop it in reverse and back up. Get out of my car and take a look by this time the engine and trans are shaking alot and i have to keep giving it throttle to run. Also theres some weird noises including knocking, ticking, squealing, and some other noise i cant explain. Visually everything looks normal.

Last edited by 99transamws6; 11-12-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 99transamws6
Something happened and it sounds bad but i dont know what it is...if anyone can give me some ideas that would be great. Thanks...i drove my car all day with no problems...So i started my car and let it warm up for a few minutes went back out everything still fine left by the time i got to the end of m driveway all of a sudden my shift **** starts shaking alot and the engine starts to bog down almost stalling. I have to give it throttle to keep it going...pop it in reverse and back up. Get out of my car and take a look by this time the engine and trans are shaking alot and i have to keep giving it throttle to run. Also theres some weird noises including knocking, ticking, squealing, and some other noise i cant explain. Visually everything looks normal.
SES light coming on?

Total guess, but a failed 02 sensor can make your engine act just like that.

Get an OBDII scan to see if there's a code. And you WILL NOT necassarily get an SES light from a failed 02, my car didn't two different times when my 02's failed.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

my ses light is on but its been on ever since i did my lt's since i have no rear o2 sensors but ill try to get a scanner and scan it.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:51 AM
On The Tree

yep sounds to me like a bad 02. That's exactly what my car started to do when i burnt through my 02 wires hahaha. Also, check your plug wires to see if any of them burnt, that's a big problem with LT's.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

im gonna go check them right now
Old 11-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

i didnt get to check it out yet...just another quick question...i have the rear o2 sensors in the garage since i dont use them can i replace the front ones with the rear ones for now or are they different and wont work?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

.....bump
Old 11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

well i did a compression test on 5 of my cylinders and one of them had no compression...i put my finger above the hole and i did fell air coming out as it was cranked...i did not check the others cause it seems impossible to get the hose back there... i dont wanna order new o2 sensors yet since they are fairly expensive, until i narrow it down, but would shot o2 sensors cause no compression?