General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver side window motor not working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side window motor not working.

First, I know someone is going to tell me to search, but I've been searching for the past couple hours, trying all kinds of combinations with no luck.

I woke up one morning and my driver side headlight was not working. I thought it was the motor (again), so I went to autozone and replaced the motor, and it still doesn't work. I tested with the motor off the door, and still didn't move at all. My passenger side works as it usually does. But my driver will not go up or down.

I'm thinking it would be the fuse, but if it was the fuse, wouldn't the passenger side be dead too?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

i just purchased a 1998 T/A 3 weeks ago.

after about the second week the window wouldn't go up. then i just elbowed the door panel and it miraculously sytarted working again.

the second time it didn't work i tried for 2 days to get it to come up but it wouldn't work. by the 3rd day it miraculously wanted to work by itself again.

from now on, i am VERY CAREFUL to NOT roll the window down all the way into the door. i just leave it flush with the stripping on the top of the door. i've gone 4 days with it rolling up and down.

not sure WTF the problem is.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, but the motor itself is not working outside of the door frame. I have no idea what's causing the driver side to not work.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DrewSG
Yeah, but the motor itself is not working outside of the door frame. I have no idea what's causing the driver side to not work.
yeah, the night my window stopped working i was getting the car dropped on some BMR's at my buddies house.

afterwards we finally started messing with the damn window.

on occasion we could hear the "clicking" behind the radio and sometimes we couldn't. he pulled the motor from the door panel and just started pushing it up and down.

nothing worked. motor just started working by itself 3 or 4 days later.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump..

anyone

Quick Reply: Driver side window motor not working.