General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

electrical problems in door: bad ground?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electrical problems in door: bad ground?

sooo every once in a while my passenger side window motor(which i just replaced) will stop working. also, the light above the switches randomly pops on and off, and on one occasion the door wouldn't lock using the switch on the door or remote. could this be a bad ground?

i found this list, but i don't know which one would be related to the door:

G100 On the lower right side of the engine, above the starter, below exhaust ports (links directly from battery to chassis)
G101 Front of the driver-side strut tower (EBCM, also has a direct link to battery)
G102 Front of the passenger-side strut tower (ASM)
G105 On top right side of the radiator support (ignition relay, RH lamps and horn, RH Firebird headlamp doors)
G106 On top left side of the radiator support (LH lamps, washer/wiper, DRL, brake fluid level, EBCM, cooling fans and relays, AIR pump, LH Firebird headlamp doors)
G109 Left front frame rail, forward of the brake pressure modulator valve bracket (cruise control, also links to G111)
G110 Attached to the rear of the right cylinder head (fuel pump relay, PCM, MAF, oil level, Park/neutral/clutch position switch, Instrument cluster, TCS)
G111 on the left side of the engine, behind the alternator, below exhaust ports (ground link to G109)
G112 Attached to the rear of the left cylinder head (A/C clutch and diode, coil packs, O2 sensors)
G200 Near the left A-pillar, bolted to the IP mounting stud behind the kick panel (all interior switches, all interior lights, rear mirrors, instrument cluster, steering wheel controls, cig lighter, blower motor relay, radio, BCM, Amp, DRL, seat belts, shock sensor, DLC)
G201 Near the right A-pillar, bolted to the IP mounting stud behind the kick panel (blower motor, convertible top)
G202 Under center console, rear of the airbag module, to the right of e-brake (airbag module)
G305 Left rocker panel, under the door seal (fuel tank unit, power seats switches)
G310 On the roof left of the dome lamp (rear defogger and 3rd brake light in coupe)
G320 On the roof (rear defogger in convertible)
G400 Bolted to the trunk release mechanism on the rear trunk wall (tail lamps, turn signals and rear trunk lid, convertible 3rd brake light)
Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had had problems with my locks. I'm in the same boat as you. When I set my alarm the passenger door will lock and the alarm will set. I then have to manually lock my driver door. Once in a while it will work normal but for not even a full day. Seems like a ground issue but the elctrical side is not my thing. any help would be appreciated.