General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC not working...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC not working...

Hey guys, I am have only warm air out of any if my vents(heater works though) and all the hoses seem to be leak free, and he HVAC fuse is fine. The silver thingy by the battery (dryer I think, haha) no longer has condensation on it and is hott instead of cold. Does this mean that the condenser went out. If so how much can I get one for and were? Any other ideas it getting pretty hott and the leather ebony seats aren't helping.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is your A/C compressor turning on?

Check that first before doing anything, you could just be so low on refridgerant that its not coming on.

Start the engine and turn the A/C on, if the front part of the compressor is sitting still, somethings wrong. If it engages and starts spinning, there's something other than low coolant thats wrong.

Last edited by LS6427; 04-28-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

1. make sure the compressor clutch is engaging.

Most likely wont.

2. Take off the line pressure sensor up top near the strut mount. (Passenger side) Unplug it and put a jumper on the connector. Turn on the AC and see if the clutch engages.

3. If the clutch engages, you are low on refrigerant and need your AC serviced. It may have a leak and you may need to replace parts.

4. If you put the jumper in the pressure sensor and the clutch still doesn't engage. you will need to look into an electrical problem. The clutch may have a bad connection, shorted wire, cut wire or something else.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is ur car lowered and has a huge sway bar? my buddie was chasing his tail with his 98 until i got under the car and showed him the connector broke off the bottom of the compressor, he also had a destroyed engine mount which caused the compressor clutch to rub through a 1/4" of it. The last thing i could think of is the belt is gone or you blew up a hose, remember the ac has its own belt.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
T.A.WS6

check your belt, mine was disconnected when i got the car and was blowing hot air.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Just so you guys know it was the fuse in the engine compartment. I noticed my cruise control wasn't working and the two are on the same fuse. Soo there you go haha. I thought something was really wrong.