General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Wipers Are Freaking Out!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Wipers Are Freaking Out!

Okay so for the past 2 weeks whenever my headlights turn on my window wipers will move up about an inch, without me touching the window wiper control. Anyone got any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

hey man, i had the exact problem you have. turn headlights on and wipers would move up bout an inch then go back down. then repeat every like 10 secs.

can u hear a buzzing sound from the wiper motor?

did u recently put in an hid conversion kit?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Veteran

yup, exactly. Ive been trying to figure out what that buzzing sound was too. And yes I did, do I need to get a harness to help power them? I bought two about 3 months ago, just havent gotten to install them. Seemed really confusing to install with no instructions.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

i put in the hids and everything was fine for about a week. then one day they started messing up, and the motor would buzz when the i put the lights on. for awhile i just pulled the wiper fuse and hoped it didnt rain at night.

your problem is your wiper motor itself, its probably the original and theres somekind of interference from the hids to the wiper motor. i looked over several wiring diagrams and they dont share any circuits or any common grounds.

i replaced my wiper motor with the electronic thing attached to it and everything is perfectly fine. its been about 3 months now and havent had any problems. i just came to the conclusion that the wiper motor was old and worn out, so i replaced it. got a new one from advance auto. i had to take it to the dealer tho to fix the timing on the wipers haha.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by run em down
i put in the hids and everything was fine for about a week. then one day they started messing up, and the motor would buzz when the i put the lights on. for awhile i just pulled the wiper fuse and hoped it didnt rain at night.

your problem is your wiper motor itself, its probably the original and theres somekind of interference from the hids to the wiper motor. i looked over several wiring diagrams and they dont share any circuits or any common grounds.

i replaced my wiper motor with the electronic thing attached to it and everything is perfectly fine. its been about 3 months now and havent had any problems. i just came to the conclusion that the wiper motor was old and worn out, so i replaced it. got a new one from advance auto. i had to take it to the dealer tho to fix the timing on the wipers haha.
ah, okay thanks for the input. Ill be running by an autoparts store here soon.

Thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window Wipers Are Freaking Out!