General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Question about LT1 Radiator Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about LT1 Radiator Conversion

Can anybody show me an LT1 style radiator next to an LS1 version? I am confused. I know there's a heater outlet line on the lower drivers side that needs to be plugged if I get the LT1 radiator, but what happens to my factory 1999 coolant level sensor on the upper drivers side of my LS1 radiator? I don't want to ghetto the install, so if an LT1 radiator doesn't have a provision for the coolant level sensor in the same spot I'll just get the LS1. LS6427 (I believe that's his user name) has been helpful but I am ordering the radiator online and I don't want any surprises when it gets here. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610
Can anybody show me an LT1 style radiator next to an LS1 version? I am confused. I know there's a heater outlet line on the lower drivers side that needs to be plugged if I get the LT1 radiator, but what happens to my factory 1999 coolant level sensor on the upper drivers side of my LS1 radiator? I don't want to ghetto the install, so if an LT1 radiator doesn't have a provision for the coolant level sensor in the same spot I'll just get the LS1. LS6427 (I believe that's his user name) has been helpful but I am ordering the radiator online and I don't want any surprises when it gets here. Thanks.
This is the LT1 radiator, the temp sensor goes in the same place. See how the other tube is capped off. The radiators are IDENTICAL, except for the other tube that gets capped off and the LT1 has a 30% larger cooling capacity.
Buy it and put it in, you'll be happy.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...s-img_0664.jpg
Old 05-15-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

New radiator is coming today, LT1 style with lifetime warranty for $130 shipped.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

tuffguy where did you order it from, and thick is the core.