General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Studdering issue @ idle

Old 05-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Studdering issue @ idle

The car makes a weird studdering(best way I can describe it) sound at idle that goes away with any acceleration. I can feel and hear the studdering. I think it may be the fuel pump or filter, but idk. Any ideas, I'd like 2 know what I'm looking @ in terms of cost
Old 05-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QuickBlkZ28
The car makes a weird studdering(best way I can describe it) sound at idle that goes away with any acceleration. I can feel and hear the studdering. I think it may be the fuel pump or filter, but idk. Any ideas, I'd like 2 know what I'm looking @ in terms of cost
I think the best route to take and probably the cheapest is:

$7.00 can of Sea Foam
$15.00 fuel filter

Put the entire can into 1/4 - 1/2 tank of gas. Run it all out and THEN change the fuel filter.

This will rule out a dirty fuel filter and the Sea Foam should entirely clean your fuel injectors.

Another thing though, that can cause stumbling at low rpm or idling is a problem with a spark plug wire(s). Could be dry rottted, broken, touching a header pipe and arcing or maybe its just starting to break inside. I think the best spark plug wires to buy in place of the high-priced dealership wires is the $36.00 set at Advance Auto. They are just as good as factory wires.

Search this Thread