General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

camaro front brake caliper question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camaro front brake caliper question

so after my brake job my shop didnt torque down one of the bolts on my front right caliper hard enough and it fell out at some point. i noticed the bolt was missing when i was painting my calipers last weekend. ive gone to the dealership and they've given me two different bolts - neither fit - the first was too big the second was too small

i dont have any pictures but does anyone know the part number on the bolt that is located on the very bottom part of the caliper. thanks

by the way the head on the bolt should be 1/2 inch
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

if its what im thinking of, #1 its metric and not 1/2 head, and #2 its probably called 'caliper retaining bolt'. i hope youre not driving with it out. god knows what the part number is, but if you take a look at an exploded drawing, you should be able to figure it out.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
if its what im thinking of, #1 its metric and not 1/2 head, and #2 its probably called 'caliper retaining bolt'. i hope youre not driving with it out. god knows what the part number is, but if you take a look at an exploded drawing, you should be able to figure it out.
the car is sitting pretty in my garage =) - it may be a size above 1/2 because i have to kinda lightly force the 1/2 wrench onto the bolt ill look up what you said though thanks for quick response
Old 05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance you could take off the same bolt on the other caliper and take it to the dealership? I did that when one of the bolts fell out of the rear calipers on my car. I took it in just so they could see it and order the right ones for me. And yes I do believe they are metric.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1_Fonzie
Any chance you could take off the same bolt on the other caliper and take it to the dealership? I did that when one of the bolts fell out of the rear calipers on my car. I took it in just so they could see it and order the right ones for me. And yes I do believe they are metric.
thats what im going to do tomorrow... god this is a pain in the *** ive tried two different bolts - neither fit - and whenever i call the dealerships they only give me one of the two options that failed