General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

One crazy SES light...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One crazy SES light...

So...

I have this SES light, comes up, reset pcm, goes away for a week or 2, comes back... Before, i was told i was getting random cyl missfire in 2,5,7 so i replaced all my plugs and wires, at this time i was getting some stutter on accel from a stop. The stutter went away, light came back after 2 weeks.

Sometimes its there when power is on and goes away on ignition. No clue whats causing it.... Also now the car is running awesome but still get the light every 2weeks or so.

Mods are listed below. Also have 02 sims for the rear if thats any help.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 AM
TECH Junkie

first simple thing to check is for a leak in your PCV system. i had a very similar thing. would go away for 200...300 miles, then boom come back.

turns out i had a tare in the small rubber hose that connects to the lower passenger side of the intake manifold snout. had my LTFT all messed up and would trip the SES every once in a while.

follow the hose from the top of the TB to the valve cover, then from the snout of the intake manifold back to the Y in the back of the motor, there is soft rubber stuff back there too. then one side of the Y goes to the passenger side valve cover, one to the drivers rear.

worth checking
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Sweet ill take a look, could happen, as i had to undo alotta hoses to get my headers on back in the day.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the code scanned. its not uncommon that a ses light wont show up immediately after resetting the pcm; you have to let the pcm reach is 'ready' state.

get the code scanned for free at AZ and you will be able to tell whats causing problems