General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

how to repair/rebuild my 2000 LS1 camaro power steering pump?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default how to repair/rebuild my 2000 LS1 camaro power steering pump?

i got the seals kit from http://www.rockauto.com. any one can help on how to repair/rebuild the power steering pump of my camaro? if there is pics to illustrate the repair/rebuild it will be better.

thanks for help.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Abdullah
i got the seals kit from http://www.rockauto.com. any one can help on how to repair/rebuild the power steering pump of my camaro? if there is pics to illustrate the repair/rebuild it will be better.

thanks for help.
No clue. BUT...if you have one of those pathetic power steering fluid coolers on your car, get rid of that piece of **** and put an aftermarket cooler on there.

The power steering fluid coolers that came from the factory are ACTUALLY power steerring fluid heaters. They do not cool the fluid, they heat it up horribly. Completely failed design by GM. Costs about $40 and 30 minutes to do it.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
No clue. BUT...if you have one of those pathetic power steering fluid coolers on your car, get rid of that piece of **** and put an aftermarket cooler on there.

The power steering fluid coolers that came from the factory are ACTUALLY power steerring fluid heaters. They do not cool the fluid, they heat it up horribly. Completely failed design by GM. Costs about $40 and 30 minutes to do it.
thanks for the info. i will check if my car has a power steering fluid cooler but i think i didn't see one when i took the P/S pump off.

any one has info on how to repair/rebuild the power steering pump?

thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Abdullah
thanks for the info. i will check if my car has a power steering fluid cooler but i think i didn't see one when i took the P/S pump off.

any one has info on how to repair/rebuild the power steering pump?

thanks.
Does your upper radiator hose have a metal piece in it? That would be the cooler. If the upper radiator hose is all rubber, you don't have one.

Quick Reply: how to repair/rebuild my 2000 LS1 camaro power steering pump?