General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need helpppppp !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need helpppppp !!!

Ok so heres the story as i was driving around new orleans i shifted into second and then my car dies i open the hood to find out my positive battery terminal has been melted i have checked ground wires on everything, replaced battery, alternator, i took the starter in and the voltage regulator failed so i replaced that too, and also i replaced the crankshaft sensor, checked the fuel pump and it comes on when i turn the key, has spark and is getting fuel..itll crank up but wont start and when i look at my gauges the batterly level is extremly low for a brand new battery...what are some other things i could check or look at to solve my problem ???
Old 06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Get the "new" battery tested, make sure its not a dud.

Make sure the cable that melted is getting a good connection. Is it damaged as in deformed from when it melted?
Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 PM

i had the battery tested and i have an extra battery put in there that tested good also, and the cable is fine its the terminal on the battery that melted and i got rid of it.......thanks though
Old 06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Launching!

you also may have burnt a fusible link someone. i had something similar to that. not that bad tho. i popped a few fusible links and i had no clue what happened
Old 06-22-2009, 04:25 PM

checked the fuses and such PCM BAT fuse was blown replaced the fuse and it still wont start