General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Acting Up Yet Again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:26 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Acting Up Yet Again!

Alright...so I have kind of an odd ball problem with my car...so here's the senario....

I'll be driving and all of a sudden my car feels like it's breaking up and it runs really rough and shakes....nothing abnormal in my log, no knock present, AFR is stable, no codes or SES light of any kind.....then after awhile it'll backfire out the exhaust and the car will run fine again. I have changed the plugs, wires, and coils. I'm in the process of checking all my grounds. What would be some of the common grounds to check? Does anyone have anymore input? All insight would be great....I've been trying to figure this out for over a week now...it's driving me nuts!

-Dave
Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Failing 02 sensors can do all that AND you will not get a code or SES light till they fail. Scan it with a dealership type scanner to see if the 02 sensors are switching properly. Clean the MAF.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Failing 02 sensors can do all that AND you will not get a code or SES light till they fail. Scan it with a dealership type scanner to see if the 02 sensors are switching properly. Clean the MAF.

The O2's seem to be switching properly....I've been logging with HPT....I'll see if I can borrow a set of O2's to see if the problem goes aways....also it's an SD car the MAF was removed after the problem started....hoped that SD would have fixed the problem....no such luck

any other input will be great....