General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Trouble bleeding my new clutch setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trouble bleeding my new clutch setup

I just had the GM ls7 clutch kit installed with the new 01-02 slave cylinder. Everything's done except the clutch pedal has no pressure. I tried looking for a good write up and searched through several posts that had a description of what to do, but I haven't been able to accomplish anything.

I've drained the old fluid out and put new fluid in but the clutch pedal still doesn't push itself back up. Can you guys give me any advice??
Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem and i had some input about using the mighty vac.. and it works!!!
here is the link to my threat i port hope it helps https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...ng-clutch.html
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just reinstalled a new C/M This past weekend and I had it done in very little time. Be aware, you do need a 2nd person but that shouldnt be an issue.

1) Have clutch installed and be at the point where the Braided clutch line is about to be clicked into the Slave.

2) Using a fresh container of DOT4 Brake fluid. Fill the resivor and allow for the car to Gravity bleed. The fluid should drain down to the ground.

**Also mind you, that the car is jacked up savely, biased to the driver side.

3) Once you get a steady stream, connect the line to the slave, do not let the resivor go dry.

4) Do not allow the driver to PUMP the Clutch pedal, only press down and hold down on the command of the person below the car.

5) Once line is hooked up, Announce to have the person in the car push and HOLD down the clutch, and using the appropriatly sized 1/4 Ratchet, loosed the Hex bolt above the line and fluid will spit out as well as air, this should audiable.

Then tighten the same bolt, and have the driver let up the pedal. You should be able to do this 3 times before needing to refill the resivor.

I did mine in 4 tries and it worked perfect and shifts wonderful.

You should not need multiple sessions, if you do, then there is air bound and I would RE-gravity bleed it before doing what I did. As long as all the parts are in working condition, then your fine.