General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power window help, Please?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window help, Please?

Could anybody direct me to a website where I can buy a plastic roller for my driver side power window. The pin keeps falling out of the roller. I went to a local Chevy dealer and they will only sell me an entire power window assembly kit, motor and all, for $194! I assume other dealers will be the same. Thank you for any help.

2001 Z28 A4
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There are 4 "rollers" in the door. They all pop off of a round ball joint. The ball joint sits on a post that is either attached to the window or the regulator? Is that what is happening to you? Is there something else going on when you say a "pin" is coming out?

If your roller is worn, you can get a new one from any auto parts store. (They will probably need to special order it from Dorman.) You can also look at it on Dorman's web site. The part is a special F-Body window roller, part number 74408.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-b...tegory_list=:0
Old 07-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You. I that's just what I'm talking about. Sorry for my layman's term "pin". I didn't know how else to describe. Appreciate the help!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by Drexyl26
Thank You. I that's just what I'm talking about. Sorry for my layman's term "pin". I didn't know how else to describe. Appreciate the help!
NP - I ask because there is another problem people have where the pin/post/whatever comes off.

If your roller is coming off of the pin/post/whatever, then the part above should be good.

If that pin/post/whatever is coming off of the window (this happens to some) and the roller is attached, then its a situation where the pin/post/whatever needs to be welded back to the window bracket.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by wssix99
There are 4 "rollers" in the door. They all pop off of a round ball joint. The ball joint sits on a post that is either attached to the window or the regulator? Is that what is happening to you? Is there something else going on when you say a "pin" is coming out?

If your roller is worn, you can get a new one from any auto parts store. (They will probably need to special order it from Dorman.) You can also look at it on Dorman's web site. The part is a special F-Body window roller, part number 74408.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-b...tegory_list=:0
FYI - For future searches. Dorman has discontinued the 74408 roller with no replacement. If anyone knows of another source for this part, I'd appreciate a tip.

Quick Reply: Power window help, Please?