General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C compressors and dryer question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C compressors and dryer question

how much does a Compressor and A/C dryer usually run cost wise? where is the best place to get one that i dont have to give my left arm for?
Old 08-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Check out www.rockauto.com....usually the best prices.

If you have the cash and plan to keep your car for a long time....go to the dealership for it.

I laid out $800 for a new A/C compressor, labor and recharge and whatever else they did. 5 years ago. But forever now....I have a 100% parts and labor warranty. I will never pay for another A/C repair again. My dryer isn't covered, but thats cheap as hell anyway. Its the big **** that I care about.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS6427
Check out www.rockauto.com....usually the best prices.

If you have the cash and plan to keep your car for a long time....go to the dealership for it.

I laid out $800 for a new A/C compressor, labor and recharge and whatever else they did. 5 years ago. But forever now....I have a 100% parts and labor warranty. I will never pay for another A/C repair again. My dryer isn't covered, but thats cheap as hell anyway. Its the big **** that I care about.

Mine went out about 6 months ago and I'm with LS6 ... the stealer-ship is better for this because it's a lifetime warrenty.