General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How about 180k maintainance suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How about 180k maintainance suggestions

shortblock rebuilt 30k ago. Almost all the accesories are original except plug wires,hoses and filters of course. Doing a head swap and might as well do some preventative maintainance. Would anyone go ahead and change coils, alternator, ps pump. etc? I don't have a lot of time to be going back in and fixing later (you can tell this is my daily driver). Injectors?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have over 160K and have replaced alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor, radiator, belt idler bearings, and motor mounts. I have thought about putting on a new starter but I haven't yet. There really is no crystal ball but you want to think about what happens when it fails. Probably the worst thing to lose is the oil pump. Much of the other stuff you won't have any catostrophic damage and many times can limp home. You never know how long you are going to keep a car, my last Camaro I always said I was going to drive it until I wrecked it, then my wife wrecked it.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3Camaros
I have over 160K and have replaced alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor, radiator, belt idler bearings, and motor mounts.
Yeah, I've never had a ps pump or alternator last 180k till now, so i thought i might go ahead. But I really don't know if the coils or injectors should be replaced.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Any suspension stuff I should replace? I have relatively new shocks but that's it. I have some new LCA's to go on.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsws6
Yeah, I've never had a ps pump or alternator last 180k till now, so i thought i might go ahead. But I really don't know if the coils or injectors should be replaced.
My factory coils and sprak plug wires have about 180K right now. My injectors have about 124,000 miles. Just run a full can a Sea Foam through a 1/4 tank of gas and clean them. Its not like if an injector fails you'll be stuck somewhere, they may outlast the entire car.