General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help/experience on BCM possibly draining the battery!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need help/experience on BCM possibly draining the battery!

I found out that the reason my car seems to be dying after sitting for a couple days is due to the bcm (body control module). The car had no parasitic draw until I played with the keyless entry/power door locks, then it shot up from 48 to 80 milliamps. Apparently that's an unacceptable amount of drain. According to the schematics, there is only the rear trunk latch that would be on this particular circuit (ruling out the alarm and door locks apparently? -I thought they ran through the BCM too, but maybe not). However I assume if the trunk latch was being reported as open, the alarm would activate when I tried to arm/lock the vehicle. If I lock it manually it seems ok. So do you think it would be the BCM itself that needs replacing? A scan tool shows no problems either.

Anyone heard of the BCM causing battery drain before? Or any other ideas. Thanks guys, I'm counting on some assistance here as I am at a loss.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Subscribing, mine also dies if I let it sit a day without driving. I use a batter charger every night to keep it charged. Would like to know if this fixes your problem.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll post up. I'm putting it on an ampmeter tomorrow again just to see if after 20mins or so the bcm goes to sleep. If it doesn't, then I'm going to have to risk it and replace the BCM. $385.00 Cnd!!! Crappy price to pay for a peice of plastic . I'll be here looking for help, ideas, and to give feedback.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone with this problem?

Quick Reply: Need help/experience on BCM possibly draining the battery!