General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Symptoms of a bad opti?

Old 09-06-2009, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Symptoms of a bad opti?

my cars a 96 lt1 and i just had the water pump replaced yesterday. driving to the shop and back home was fine, no problems. i even ran it later that day with no issues. when i started the car to go to work this morning, it was hesitant to start, but eventually started. when it ran the idle seemed high, around 1k rpm, and it was kinda rough. i gave it some gas and it seemed alright. i killed it, restarted and it seemed like normal. the same thing happened when i left work, took three or four attempts to start, and when it started it ran kinda crappy but when i gave it some gas it smoothed out a bit. it drives great, its just when i try to start that its real rough. also, after driving a while i let it idle and it seemed to idle fine, just a bit high(again around 1k). is this symptomatic of a bad opti? sounds more like a fuel problem to me, but ive already replaced the pump and filter, so possibly a regulator? i just figured it may be an opti seein as the water pump was leaking quite a bit before it got fixed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Symptoms of a bad opti?