General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Just got my new trans am yesterday and i have a problem....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my new trans am yesterday and i have a problem....

well it was all fine this morning when i whent to start it but then i got to the store and parked for like 5 min, and when i tried to crank it, no crank no noise no nothing, now i knwo the battery wasnt dead, and i know my fuel pump is fine i dont knwo what could it be, any suggestions? and also the passenger window is having problems going up and down, got to the point where it wont move at all, i checked the control seemes fine but i gotta make sure current is flowing through, one more thing when i step on the gas it goes up nicely but when it reaches about 80-90 mark it stumbles adn it wont go up but hte engine still tries to rev up but i have to let go of the gas and step on it again for it to get throught he 80-90 mark, if you guys could help that would be great. PM me, or just reply to my post.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

try jumping it, can't hurt and it's free. does it have some sort of alarm system that would stop it from starting?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Teching In

you know its the VATS system, for sure cus it starts fine, and yes it has alarm but i disarm it allways, didnt throw codes, i think im goign to by pass the VATS what you guys think?

and about the way my car runs, i dunno if its the tranny or not cus it goes to reverse fine and drive perfectly i just kinda wants to get a head of me, im rolling at about 30 or 35 and the rpm is fixing to hit 5 and its liek the speed cant catch up with the rpm any suggestions??
Old 09-20-2009, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

My camaro did the same thing a few weeks ago 3 times. It hasnt done it since. I was at the grocery store for 10 mins or so then i go out and the car is completely dead. no crank or nothing but everything else worked fine so it wasnt the battery. After letting it sit for a min.. it started fine and that was the last time it happened. The other 2 times it was just at my house and it wouldnt crank the first turn but started on the 2nd try.

Im sure its the VATS system
Old 09-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Teching In

yea i mean its a great thing gm thought about cars not getting stolen but what when that little resistor chip messes up on ur key.