General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Electrical nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical nightmare

So my battery was dying...and problems began. My head light on the driver side on my 99 LS1 bird was having issues. Every time i'd lock my car or unlock it, the lights would come up, blink and come back down and the driver headlight motor would make a grinding sound. After the battery was installed, it did it 2-3 more times and then stopped...All was right in the world.

here is my issue, tonight my driver head light just completely stopped working. No sound no nothing...And my running lamp on the passenger side suddenly stopped working( just changed it less than a month ago) whats going on here guys? electrical shorts?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

pretty much all of us firebird guys have that headlight problem but it usually doesn go away til you replace the gear or motor assembly all together, they usually dont go dead all together like that though i know of one that has been grinding for a year and a half now and still goes up and down.

now by not working all together do you mean the lights arent coming on either or do they still come on?

and for the running lamp check the connector out i had my passengers side running lamp get filled with water and took out the connector, it would still work if you held it in your hand but right when it went back on the car it was out again

you gotta love the grinding sound in a crowded parking lot eh
Old 09-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Yeah =/ Well the light still comes on but the motor is dead. Here goes more money into the car.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

have fun ive got one to do myself here before winter im excited

dont you just love spending your money fixing stupid stuff like that instead of mods
Old 09-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Firebird Headlight sticky:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...s-go-here.html