General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SLP LM 1 rattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LM 1 rattle

i have a slp loudmouth 1 and it has started to rattle, or when i hit a bump to bangs underneath. i am able to move to back and forth if i grab or tap the tips. anyone know how to easily fix it?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive had the lm1 for 3 years now. mine has never made any noise. but i did see the last time i was under there that it was rubbing on the body support rod i guess u could call it.. that is above the panhard. what and where is it exactly hitting? also make sure all the clamps are tight and nothing has come loose or twisted. i know the pipe before the resonator if twisted wrong will hit the body. other than that i dont know where else it coould rattle. i know they are a pretty loose exhaust. you should see mine everytime i start the car with the cam in it now, it goes nuts but then after its running it still stays in place pretty good.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

i had the exhaust removed when i blew my gas pump and whoever did it didnt put it on correctly. it seems to be hitting more towards the front of the car before it gets to the resonator..if i go to the back of the car n move the exhaust up and down it moves the entire system..i figured the clamps were loose i was wondering how many there were and where they are located so its a little easier. thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Put that thing up on some ramps and slide down to your I pipe its probably moving their I have one and I had it welded and then my cats went out and they said that they had to cut the I pipe cause it was welded.. Anyways their weld to put it back on sucked A.. and mine moved back and forth about 2-3 inches..

if yours isnt welded just grab some wrenches dont know size, hell take a adjustable with you and go at it..

I took a circular saw to my exhaust when I got mine and installed it in the driveway..

easy fix man good luck...
Old 10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Teching In

I've had the LM system for 2.5 years and always had a noise. I have spent some time messing with it, but since I put the LM2 resonator in, I need to adjust it again. The pipe gets really close to the underbody right above the axle. Check there, that is def where mine is rubbing and not sure what to do for a fix.

Quick Reply: SLP LM 1 rattle