General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Signal Light problem...Can anyone help me??

Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signal Light problem...Can anyone help me??

My passenger side signal light will not work. It comes on but doesnt blink. I replaced all the bulbs, front and back, checked all the fuses, and replaced the flasher relay. I'm F'n lost now. The hazzards work fine and the drivers side works fine. If anyone has had this problem or knows where to check next PLEASE help me!!!
I've been to the local parts store a half dozen times and even they are out of suggestions.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

What happens to the rear signal when the front passenger is frozen?

Can you measure the voltage at the flasher when you have the turn signal on the left and then on the right? (That will help you localize the problem.)
Old 10-24-2009, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
What happens to the rear signal when the front passenger is frozen?

Can you measure the voltage at the flasher when you have the turn signal on the left and then on the right? (That will help you localize the problem.)
They both stay frozen on the passenger side, front and back. They all light up but dont blink. I cleaned all the sockets today just incase that was it, hell they look brand new. I'm totally out of options. OOh and I don't have a volt meter that works.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If you replaced the flasher relay, fuses, and bulbs, try your actual switch. "the little lever" I broke mine on my 3rd gen 3 times......and that's exactly what it did.

Oh and what does it do when you put your hazards on. If they blink then, I say its your switch, if not, probably a short.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

I fixed it finally today. I found my haynes manuel (and my original window sticker) and it said something about two relays. Well I didn't know it but there is one for the hazzards and one for the signal. The signal however is hidden on the plastic kick panel. You really have to look hard to find it. Replaced that and whaaalaaa, it works.
On to the next project.....
Old 10-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by TRANSAM GT4
I fixed it finally today. I found my haynes manuel (and my original window sticker) and it said something about two relays. Well I didn't know it but there is one for the hazzards and one for the signal. The signal however is hidden on the plastic kick panel. You really have to look hard to find it. Replaced that and whaaalaaa, it works.
On to the next project.....
That's your flasher relay. (Sometimes, if there is a slight difference in the circuits from side to side, it won't be able to flash only one side as it starts to go out.) ... Your first post said that you changed it. Did you actually change something else originally?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
That's your flasher relay. (Sometimes, if there is a slight difference in the circuits from side to side, it won't be able to flash only one side as it starts to go out.) ... Your first post said that you changed it. Did you actually change something else originally?
Yeah, I changed the hazzard relay first. Because I couldn't find but the one relay under the dash. Then after reading the haynes manuel it said there was a flasher and hazzard relay. It took a while but I finally found it.

Search this Thread