General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need some Help with DTC's

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help with DTC's

Hi all, I am an old new member here and from what I am told you guys are the smartest minds in the LS-1 community. I will apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong section, but here goes. I have a 2000 Camaro SS with an M6 with 96,500 miles. I bought the car early last year from the second owner and the car had 80,000 at that time. Almost a week after owning the car, I stomped on the throttle and kicked on the SES light; the codes were P0137 and P0157, which corresponds to the back o2 sensors in bank one and two respectively.

I replaced the sensors and drove the car for a while and noticed that mileage was total crap, and as fate would have it, the dern SES light came back on again with codes P0137 and P0157. I changed the sensors yet again, and noticed that my cat converters were bad as well, so I swapped them out for a set of 49 state legal Magnaflow factory install units that look nearly identical to the factory ones, but are not California Compliant. I also changed the sensors yet again. I bought a hypertech PP3 from a friend and installed the programming, and like a total dumb ***, put 100 octane in the car, not knowing it was leaded gas. I ended up getting the code again, and realized that I detroyed the o2 sensors by running the leaded gas in it.

Well, I decided to take the car to my exhaust guy and have him put in my SLP Y-pipe, and install yet 4 new AC Delco o2 sensors. I noticed the car seemed very nimble after all this, so I went home and installed a 160 thermostat and re-installed the Hypertech. The car seemed fine, but when I stomped on the throttle this morning on the way to work, the car kicked on the SES light again the codes readning P0137 and P0157. I removed the hypertech programming on my lunch and am going to see what that does. I also cleared the DTC's with the programmer as well, but I fear my problem is something far worse.

Here are the specifics on the car, it is bone stock, but has the dual dual performance cat back from SLP, along with a Blackwing airlid and Holly Powershot air filter. I have changed the plugs with AC delco' and replaced the wires with a set of GM Perfromance Parts 8mm wires. Everything else is bone stock. I notice that the engine runs noticably rougher than my other car (2002 LS-1), and it seems to hesitate once in a while, when taking off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rick
Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 PM

Wrong section. Moving to general repair & maint.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on??
Old 10-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Wow, 27 views and no has an idea. Cool beans, thanks anyways...What a waste.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Man, That sounds like a tuff one. Have you tried hooking up a wideband o2 sensor. I would first check my air/fuel ratio and for damn sure would if I blew my cats. Check it out!!!