General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

so my car is stock for now..

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so my car is stock for now..

and i want to start working on it and i think i want to start with exhaust and i thought well if ima change to headers might as well do exhaust, now im a college kido, with a job that pays minimum but im willing to save till i get somethign that has a low but deep tone and is loud, any help of compinations i was thinking either magnaflows or slp loudmouths for exhaust what do you guys think help me out i have had my car stock and i want to start working on my car...any input is appreciated thanks..
Old 11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

post that in the appropriate "External Engine" section and you'll probably get more/better results.

But 1 3/4" headers for your stock engine, with MagnaFlow exhaust sounds kickass...I know.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
post that in the appropriate "External Engine" section and you'll probably get more/better results.

But 1 3/4" headers for your stock engine, with MagnaFlow exhaust sounds kickass...I know.

Agreed,

Try either engine specific or there is the Newbie section as well.

IMO you should get out there and start listening to cars, the ones you like, get a ride in them and see how bad they are inside the cockpit. Also find out if the car has either....

NO CATS
Cam
Heads
a Combo of both.

Cam timing, compression, and exhaust design can change the sound and tone at different rpm ranges,
Old 11-03-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ws6isLife
and i want to start working on it and i think i want to start with exhaust and i thought well if ima change to headers might as well do exhaust, now im a college kido, with a job that pays minimum but im willing to save till i get somethign that has a low but deep tone and is loud, any help of compinations i was thinking either magnaflows or slp loudmouths for exhaust what do you guys think help me out i have had my car stock and i want to start working on my car...any input is appreciated thanks..

If you want low and deep I don't think you can beat Magnaflow. You may want something louder when someone with a heads/cam long tubed SLP exhaust flies by, but Magnaflow is a great flowing system. They hide your engine mods too if they don't get too wild.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Well later on im thinking cam, right now i gotta keep it not cheap but kinda low because of college and all, i dnt wana just slap sonething ob ho so i wouldnt cal it . i want true duals as well...in in between magnaflow and slp loudmouth and as the long tubes i dunno what i want..
Old 11-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A honest to god est for a cam swap is about 1,000$

That includes...

Cam
Push Rods
Springs
Timing Chain
Oil Pump
Dyno tune (at MIN mail order)
Fluids and gaskets.

cams can vary but I have seen one off customs go fro 400 alone, but ave is around 300.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Teching In

I problably wnt get a cam just yet i want to do all my externals first i want to startwith the exhaust headers and mufflers and all..im undecided in between slp loud mouths,magnaflows and for headers im not sure..
Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Teching In

so what combo of headers and mufflers or exhaust system do you guys suggest, or have an opinion about?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

look in the "FOR SALE" section. Find some used stainless headers and you could find a magnaflow exhaust on there. By doing that you'll save a TON of $.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

The above mentioned suggestions are very good ones. I would follow the classifieds section and go to ls1sounds.com to find the exhaust you're looking for.

I'd also want to try using periods if you want to get through college.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by LS1Fury!
The above mentioned suggestions are very good ones. I would follow the classifieds section and go to ls1sounds.com to find the exhaust you're looking for.

I'd also want to try using periods if you want to get through college.

ha ha this made me laugh :