General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough idle

hows it goin guys.. well i recently bought an 02 ss slp camaro .. and it came with a mild cam full exhaust, ls6 intake, and thats about it.. well when i start the car it seems as if the car is starving for gas... it turns off pretty fast as soon as i try and turn it on .. and at times takes more that two cranks for it to start... once the car warms up its fine and runs okay but when i punch it and give it WOT.. it seems as if the car is lacking power.. the idle is pretty crappy as well i know with a cam the idle will be a little different but it just doesnt seem right.... .. im guessing its the spark plugs and wires.. but im not sure.. any input?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was the car ever dyno tuned? the rough idle just sounds like the cam, but it lacking power makes me think tuning issue or valvetrain issue.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup I'd have the tune checked
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats what im gonna do ... i guess ur right about the idle .. but when i slamm the gas pedal it takes forever to accelerate . also when i put it in reverse it dies on me every time.. i have to put it in reverse hold the brake for a couple seconds and then let the brake out,.. is that normal with a cam?