General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2002 Pontiac Sunfire won't start after oil change???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Pontiac Sunfire won't start after oil change???

I looked on here to try to find a Pontiac Sunfire forum or help section to see if anybody else as had any problems with there sunfire, heres the deal.... Was changing the oil, like I usually do, got it done then jacked up the rear to weld up an exhaust hanger right on the back of the car, and my ground was right on the tail pipe so there was no arching at all, which I have welded on this car before...anyways got into the car tried to start it, and didnt start up...? Kinda sounded weird how it was starting and kinda acting like it wanted to fire but nothing...Heres what I checked... All fuses, under dash and under hood, checked spark plugs, changed them, they looked wet from gas so might of fouled out, got fuel pressure, fuel pump turns on when you start the car and checked up front by fuel rail, got there too.. When you try to start it, you can smell gas coming out the tail pipe... checked battery, it was good, also put a charge on it also...Im lost on it, and cant figure it out why it just did this for, it did just turn 101k miles on it and hasnt had a very good easy life, lol.... Any thoughts or anybody else ran into something like this, please help!!! Anybody!! Thanks so much!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you can check for spark but you prolly fried something when you welded the pipe. Good Luck.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the problem, it was a security lock, had to reset it and fired right up... And I have been welding on alot of cars with out shorting out a car or taking the battery cables off...
Old 11-18-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

the security lock again....this gets everyone...that was actually my first guess. Ive posted that guess to other threads on here....stupid GM!!!

Quick Reply: 2002 Pontiac Sunfire won't start after oil change???