General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Completed thermal bypass mod!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completed thermal bypass mod!

Passenger side window was acting up in the same nature as others have discribed. Goes up fine for less than two seconds and stops. After a few minutes I can bump it up a little more and so on. I guess now I should throw in the disclaimer were as I was not able to take any pics due to a very tight time schedule. I did make the mistake of drilling out the exposed rivets first. What a PITA that was. Luckily I had already braced the window- used a hammer handle and a screw driver. After adding bolts to where the rivets used to be I could refocus on the motor. so after I removed the one inch copper strip(a) I used a razor blade to strip the black insulator stuff off then a dremel to finish the surface of the remaining strip of metal(b). Next I folded over the verticle copper tab on the side that was originally connected to the removed copper strip(a). I didnt have a working soldering gun so I finessed the tab over top of the metal strip(b) and used a very small drill bit to put a hole through the tab and the strip. Next I bound the two with a small screw that went down into the plastic. put it all back together and it works great. I used the write up by shoebox mostly. Thanks for all the great support and info!