General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No oil pressure!!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default No oil pressure!!

I know I might catch some **** for this, but I bought a 97 explorer for a winter dd. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and everything ran fine, except the temp gauge didn't function right(had plenty of antifreeze in it though). I noticed the oil gauge would fluctuate sometimes, but it was very rare. Well I was on my way home from school yesterday and while i was on the highway I noticed the oil gauge bouncing a lot, and it kept ketting lower. I got off the highway immediately and turned the car off. Checked the oil level and it was fine. I started the car again and it said i had little to no oil pressure, but there was no knocking, ticking, smoking, or metal to metal noise. I've even drove it home and it ran fine. I started it up today and it still shows i have little to no oil pressure, but it runs fine(very quiet tick on a cold start). Do you all think it's something mechanical or could it be the oil pressure switch/bad intrument panel?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be a bad gauge or a bad connection. Put a mechanical gauge on it to check for sure before you drive it again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No oil pressure!!