General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Can you remove the foglight housing from a trans am without removing the bumper??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you remove the foglight housing from a trans am without removing the bumper??

Just like the title say. Can you remove the foglight housing from a trans am without removing the bumper?? One of mine went out and when I went to replace it I couldn't get it to stay in and I ended up bending the metal so now I can't even get it in. So my plan is to remove it and manage to put it in where I can like actually see what im doing.I removed the two bolts that hold it in with no luck.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fbodyman1026
Just like the title say. Can you remove the foglight housing from a trans am without removing the bumper?? One of mine went out and when I went to replace it I couldn't get it to stay in and I ended up bending the metal so now I can't even get it in. So my plan is to remove it and manage to put it in where I can like actually see what im doing.I removed the two bolts that hold it in with no luck.

Thanks
Aren't there two louvers/doors under your turn signals that you can remove to reach up in the bumper to access the lamps. And also can't you just change the bulbs?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

idk what happened when I tried to install the light but I think the metal where to push it in got twisted and now i can;t even get the light in. So I want to bend the metal back and put it in where I can see what im doing.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

If your 99' is like a 93-97 then yes.
If you go under your car bumper there should be 3-4 black push pin's you have to remove to reveal a plastic panel that will give you access to your fog lights.
If there is a body change with those years then I am not sure.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

you can, but be prepared to do some muscling of your front bumper. I think its just easier to remove the front clip. Takes 10 minutes. Better than almost certainly scratching your paint.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1999Transamman
you can, but be prepared to do some muscling of your front bumper. I think its just easier to remove the front clip. Takes 10 minutes. Better than almost certainly scratching your paint.
yeah thats what I thought I had it loose from the body but couldn't get it out so I just gave up bc it was getting dark and I have been DD'ing still. So removing the front cover isn't that hard??
Old 12-21-2011, 06:40 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by fbodyman1026

Thanks
Yes. Hi body there is not need to remove your car bumper to do that. I have done it few times already, this is what you need to do.
Turn the head lights on to open, then you can easely fit your hand through and reach the foglight housing thats all my friend. The only thing I can tell you is that I a guy with big hands and I have done cople time with not problems at all. Well Good luck to you, if you have already fixed it this could provably helps someone else. Thanks
Luis8bgt.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by luis8bgt
Yes. Hi body there is not need to remove your car bumper to do that. I have done it few times already, this is what you need to do.
Turn the head lights on to open, then you can easely fit your hand through and reach the foglight housing thats all my friend. The only thing I can tell you is that I a guy with big hands and I have done cople time with not problems at all. Well Good luck to you, if you have already fixed it this could provably helps someone else. Thanks
Luis8bgt.
From the top or the bottom?

Quick Reply: Can you remove the foglight housing from a trans am without removing the bumper??