General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

white smoke

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white smoke

when i first started my car today white smoke came out..not alot but enough to see it from inside the car. it only did it one more time later after driving it around for awhile when i got on it and let off real quick ? the car is stock with a JET chip set on stage 3 and a descreened mass air meter...and the car only has 29,000 miles on it. someone told me i need to chage the oil and filter ?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:18 PM

it freaked me out so i returned my pcm to stock settings...someone comfort me ?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

meh not really anything to worry about if it happens once in a while imo, these cars are notorious for it. check the back of your TB blade, see if theres any oil on the back of it. when you change your oil are you down a quart or more? need more details!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
when i first started my car today white smoke came out..not alot but enough to see it from inside the car. it only did it one more time later after driving it around for awhile when i got on it and let off real quick ? the car is stock with a JET chip set on stage 3 and a descreened mass air meter...and the car only has 29,000 miles on it. someone told me i need to chage the oil and filter ?
For being a complete stock car minus the descreen MAF and "JET chip," you might as well just go completely back to stock, as both of those mods are worthless and may even be worse than running a stock car.

Sorry it doesn't answer your question, but if you shoot white smoke out of the exhaust any more regularly it could be a sign of a head gasket leak. Check to see if you have oil in the coolant and vise versa.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 AM

no oil in coolant or visa versa and oil is full