General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stopped running and wont start????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stopped running and wont start????

my mechanic told me today..you car just shut off idling and wont start back up. well i went down to check it out, theres power everywhere exept to what the pcm powers/tuns on. that car turns over gauges light up but nothing moves and the odometer isnt reading anything. So i checked fuel psi, nothing checked fuses there all fine. I even put the hyper tech on it to see if i can read the pcm, that shuts off when it tells you to put the key on.
now things im thinking it might be. pcm got fried do to my mechanic welding the exhaust, i just replaced the motor but left all the factory wiring where it was and it has ran fine sence then...been in storage till now for exhaust and paint work. maybe the crank censor failed, someone told me that might cause it. I even checked the ignition switch..pain in the *** that was.
Anyone have ideas??, my friend has an extra pcm out of a 99 car im going to try mines a 98 it should start it anyways.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have power going to the PCM (Switched and Constant) and you have a good ground, the PCM should at the very least turn the fuel pump on.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-24-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh but everything that the pcm controls dosnt work..it started up and ran, he drove around the shop and let it idle then died. we cant figure it out why all of a sudden nothing works exept accessory's turn on with the key