General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

UD pulley

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default UD pulley

Since i put on the SLP UD pulley... It seems that the alternator goes out... For example yesterday i smashed on it on the freeway and when i approached the offramp, the volt gauge seem very low... this is the fourth alternator i have gone thru already.. What can be causing the alternators to die so quick? Any input is welcomed thanx..
Old 12-08-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juniorz28
Since i put on the SLP UD pulley... It seems that the alternator goes out... For example yesterday i smashed on it on the freeway and when i approached the offramp, the volt gauge seem very low... this is the fourth alternator i have gone thru already.. What can be causing the alternators to die so quick? Any input is welcomed thanx..
What kind of shape is the battery in?

I've had my underdrive pulley for quite some time and I've never had any charging issues. I'm an M6, I'm not sure if you are, but M6 cars tend to idle higher than auto cars.. meaning that it's easier to charge.

I saw you had a cam, I'm not sure if that messes with the charging or not.

Either way, look into the battery and just the connections as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question

When you installed the UD pulley, did you correctly resize the accessory belt? I may be way off here but maybe your tensioner isn't keeping the belt tight because its now too loose due to the pully resizing.