General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Big rattling problem!! Everyhwhere!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big rattling problem!! Everyhwhere!!

I have a really big rattling problem on my car! I Have a 2000 six speed z28 with bmr lowering springs and bmr lower control arms with relocation brackets... When i put the springs on i didnt hear any rattling at all... After i put the lower control arms on i just heard like road noise but i was told that aftermarket lower controls arms would do that so i just dealt with it... Well now my car shakes real bad when i go to stop... I was told it was my rotors, they just need to be turned... True? The next rattling is right where my short throw shifter is, sounds like i have something loose in that area on my transmission... next rattling is either my rearend or my driveshaft... when i accelerate it sounds like something is loose and spinning while constantly hitting something.. it gets quiter when i let off the gas but not much!! I NEED SERIOUS HELP ON FIGURING OUT WHAT THIS IS! Any suggestions will help!!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Launching!

the ONE rattle and causing the other little rattles. Almost sounds like the damn exhaust is rattling to me, turning your rotors will not stop a clunk.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes you could have your rotors turned, if your car starts shaking when the brakes are applied. high speed stopping usually causes this. as far as your other noises, could be your exhaust touching something. how is the pinion angle after your lowering kit?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you have a combination of things going on. When you step on the brakes, does the brake pedal pulsate? If so, you have at least 1 warped rotor and it will need to be turned.

Also, look at your tranny mount.